LET’S MAKE SOME SNOWY POPCORN CUPCAKES!
Kids are off for the winter break and there is plenty of snow in many parts of the counrty this holiday season. And even if you’re not in a place where it snows, you can let it snow inside your kitchen with these sweet and salty cupcakes that I have named Snowy Popcorn Cupcakes from my 4th children’s cookbook, the Fairies Cookbook. http://www.kidscookingshop.com/author-signed-fairies-cookbook
It’s a recipe that’s fun to make and beautiful to serve. Have fun with your kids this holiday season and enjoy making, baking and decorating my Snowy Popcorn Cupcakes!
SNOWY POPCORN CUPCAKES
Makes 24 cupcakes
1 box white cake mix
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon almond extract
4 cups popped corn
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 can Vanilla Frosting
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
1. Make cake mix according to package directions substituting milk for water in the amount stated on the cake mix directions. Add vanilla and almond extracts to the batter and stir to blend.
2. Fill muffin cup with paper liners and spray generously with non- stick spray.
3. Divide batter evenly between 24 muffin cups using an ice cream scoop to keep the amount of batter equal between cups.
4. Bake and cool according to package directions.
5. Fill a large bowl with popcorn.
6. Frost each cupcake generously with frosting then dip each frosted cupcake into popcorn adding 6-8 white chocolate chips to fill-in where popcorn did not stick.
Kids Cook! Austin 512-346-3333 www.kidscookaustin.com
Shop online www.kidscookingshop.com