From the SPA PRINCESS COOKBOOK! Here are 4 easy-to-make recipes; some edible; some not! With Spring Break around the corner, why not plan an at home Spa Day for the girls. Let the kids make their own delicious treats to eat and to treat their bodies with all-natural and healthy ingredients.
3/4 cup lime juice
1 cup sugar
2 liters lemon lime soda, chilled
1/2 cup maraschino cherry juice or Grenadine syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 maraschino cherries with stems
2 limes, sliced into 8 slices
Let’s start mixing!
1) In a pinch bowl, combine lime juice and sugar. Stir to blend and completely dissolve sugar.
2) Stir in soda and cherry juice or grenadine syrup, and vanilla extract. Add 3-4 cups of crushed ice and serve immediately
3) Garnish each serving with a maraschino cherry and a lime slice.
Spa Princess Fondue
1/2 cup whole milk
2-3 tablespoons raspberry jam
6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/8 teaspoon (pinch) of salt
1 cup white chocolate chips
Assorted fondue “dippers”- strawberries, sliced bananas, fresh pineapple spears, pound cake cubes, cookies, meringues, large marshmallows, pretzels
Let’s Start Dipping!
1) Combine milk and raspberry jam in medium saucepan. Cook over low heat and whisk to 1 minute to blend and warm ingredients.
2) Add cream cheese and salt. Stir to blend and cook one more minute.
3) Add white chocolate chips. Mixture will clump at first but as the chocolate chips begin to melt, it will become creamy and shiny.
4) Remove from heat at this point and transfer fondue to a ceramic fondue pot and keep warm over a fondue burner. Serve with assorted “dippers”.
Spa Princess Fondue is fun to do!
Twinkle Toes and Fancy Fingers Cookies
Makes 36 cookies
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/1/2 teaspoon salt
Frosting and Decorating
3 tablespoons meringue powder
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1/4 cup warm water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon strawberry extract
Assorted paste or gel food colorings
Assorted sprinkles, candies, and sugars
Let’s Start Baking!
Preheat oven to 375 degrees, line 2 sheet pans with foil, and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
1) Cream butter in a large mixing bowl: add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, mixing well.
2) Combine flour, soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Add to creamed mixture, blending well.
3) Divide dough half. Roll each portion to ¼ inch thickness on lightly powdered sugar-covered work area. Cut with hand and foot-shaped cookie cutters.
4) Place cookies 2 inches apart on prepared sheet pans. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until just a hint of light brown appears.
5) Remove from oven and cool on sheet pans for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool for another 15 minutes before frosting.
Let’s Start Frosting and Decorating!
1) Combine meringue powder, confectioners’ sugar, warm water, and vanilla and strawberry extracts in a medium mixing bowl.
2) Start–off on low speed with an electric mixer until ingredients are combined. Beat on high speed with an electric mixer for 2-3 minutes.
3) Divide in separate bowls and add desired food colorings.
4) Decorate feet and hand cookies with candies to create painted fingernails and toenails.
Watch out for that foot in your mouth!
Sweet Princess Sugar Scrub Non-Edible
Makes about 1 ½ cups
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon almond extract
Small amount of pink paste food coloring
Let’s Start Mixing!
1) Stir the sugar, honey, vanilla, and almond extract together in a medium mixing bowl. Dip the end of a toothpick into the paste food coloring and add to mixture and stir to blend.
2) Use a tablespoon or two of sugar scrub on your feet and hands smooth and soothe. Rinse well with warm water and apply your favorite lotion.
A sweet treat for you hands and feet!
Pink Lemonade Lip Shimmer
Makes one portion
2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
1 tablespoon pink lemonade drink mix
Let’s Start Stirring!
1) Stir shortening and pink lemonade together in a small microwave-safe container until smooth.
2) Place container in the microwave and heat for 15 seconds. Stir and heat another 10-15 seconds until mixture turns into a liquid.
3) Remove from microwave and cool 5 minutes.
4) Pour into the jar. Chill in refrigerator at least 30 minutes to solidify.
A lip-smacking glimmer for your lips!
Read Full Post »