It’s almost Valentine’s Day and here’s a super quick , super delicious scone recipe that’s just perfect for a Valentine’s Tea Party, a Valentine’s Day Breakfast or just for snacking or lunch-packing ! What a sweet Valentine treat, home-baked by a child to give to grandparents or aunts and uncles!
CHOCOLATE CHIP PEPPERMINT SCONES
From the Pink Princess Cookbook, Barbara Beery
Makes 8-10 scones
1 1/2 cups
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup whipping cream plus 2 tablespoons
1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour sugar, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
3. Add 1 cup whipping cream to the mixture, stirring just until ingredients are moistened. Turn mixture out onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently until soft dough forms (about 2 minutes). Pat dough out to about 1 1/4 inch thickness. Cut out into assorted shapes.
4. Place scones 1 inch apart on foil-lined baking sheets that have been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Brush each scone with the remaining 2 tablespoons whipping cream and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candy.
6. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until very lightly browned.